About this study
We are studying Olson Memorial Hwy between Border Ave. and the bridge west of Thomas Ave. This highway is an important route for the local community and surrounding region, including those that drive, walk, bike, roll, and use public transit. The number of lanes, travel speeds, and other factors create safety concerns for travelers that use the highway.
We are conducting the study to better understand the needs of the community and explore long-term solution that benefits the surrounding community and people who use the highway. The study will address pedestrian and bicyclist safety and crash rates at intersections along the highway, and we will gather input from the community on their transportation and safety needs, existing experiences, and desires for the future of Olson Memorial Hwy.
Summary of work
- Gather community input on their transportation needs and desires for the future of Olson Memorial Hwy
- Summarize the issues and problems within the study area through a purpose and need statement report
- Explore short and long-term improvements
- Evaluate ideas through technical analysis and community input
- Identify design alternatives
- Describe the next steps to advance future construction