National Road Research Alliance
The National Road Research Alliance (NRRA) is a Pooled Fund with a mandate to improve the future sustainability of our roads through research and a commitment to cooperative implementation. The alliance sponsors research at the MnROAD test track, one of the most sophisticated cold-weather pavement facilities in existence. Our alliance consists of state DOTs and other government roadway agencies, private companies, academic institutions, and associations. Together, we make the decisions for MnROAD construction and research.
Our research teams are divided into five main areas: Flexible, Geotechnical, Intelligent Construction, Preventive Maintenance, and Rigid. The Executive Committee is led by state agency members and guides the decision-making for the research to be funded.
See all of our research efforts.
- Call for Construction 2020 open for submission: Read the announcement (doc)
- All 2020 Pavement Workshop webinars scheduled or recordings available on YouTube
- Call for Innovation 2020 proposals now accepted through May 1: See the announcement (doc)
- Note: Letters of support will not be counted in the page maximum.
- 2019 Call for Innovation Funded Projects Announced:
- Blending of Higher Strength Aggregates with Recycled Concrete and Marginal Aggregates to Improve Concrete Properties
- Performance of Concrete Overlays over Full Depth Reclamation (FDR)
- Bio-Materials Maintenance Treatments
- Cold Asphalt Recycling Technologies using Rejuvenating Asphalt Emulsion: Impact, Implementation, Specification
- An Innovative Practical Approach to Assessing Bitumen Compatibility as a Means of Material Specification
- Give us your ideas for MnROAD research
Join the Alliance
To date, eight state agencies and more than 50 industries, associations, and academic institutions have become NRRA members. We are sharing expertise and are learning about new tools and methods to improve and expand transportation systems nationally. Our alliance is strong, but grows stronger with more participants. Join us and shape the future of our roads.